Prevent the 3 biggest causes of failures when developing an application?
At Geekworkers we carry out innovation and research projects internally in order to bring out new solutions for our customers. The life of an entrepreneur is sometimes complicated. It's hard to launch a startup alone. Did you know that bad targeting, lack of liquidity and a bad team represent the top 3 causes of failure in startups? Thanks to its methodology and experience, Geekworkers offers tailored solutions that will increase your chances of becoming the unicorn of tomorrow. Askeed is the first project that was developed. It was born from an observation: how to fill off-peak hours in beauty salons? The answer is simple, Askeed makes booking appointments easier for beauty salon clients in Switzerland. Everything was developed in-house at Geekworkers, from the idea through design, development and marketing. To do this, we followed our digital project innovation process
For who ?
- The owners of a beauty salon, hair salon or barbershop.
- Beauty freelancers who don't have a salon, but want to grow their online customer base
- Consumers of beauty, hairdressing and nail services who wish to make an appointment quickly and take advantage of an attractive discount.
Thus, it was decided to develop a brand new platform that is revolutionizing the world of beauty. Askeed is therefore a mobile application that connects service providers and customers. The concept is quite simple:
- If you are a beauty service provider, increase your customer base during off-peak hours with discounts of up to 50 % and show off your talent in pictures.
- If you are looking for a beauty salon, do your research on Askeed, compare providers and simply book an appointment online.
The platform is therefore intended to be a real social network to allow professionals to highlight their work and consumers to choose the service provider that suits them near their home.
But Askeed does not stop there and offers many other services for professionals. Website creation, social network management or even logo design, Askeed wishes to be able to help beauty specialists develop their presence on the web to increase their notoriety and expand their clientele.
- Enable beauty professionals to grow their business online
- Help customers find providers near them at affordable prices
- Develop a free and easy-to-use beauty application for clients and providers
- Build an impactful marketing strategy aimed at two distinct targets
Askeed was a real challenge for GeekWorkers, since the whole project was led from A to Z by the team. It was necessary to go through all the stages of the project innovation process:
- Carrying out market research: Before launching headlong, Geekworkers deployed targeted questionnaires on the networks which made it possible to collect crucial information and understand the needs of future users. We also used web scraping to collect thousands of data about our targets on the web in one click.
- Benchmarking: Before rushing headlong, it is essential to study all the existing solutions that could meet the needs of the user. Once identified, a scoring is established in order to retain the best features of each solution but also their weak points. This process will help position our value proposition.
- Establish the Business model canvas and the value proposition: This is a creative group activity as we like them. This is where we take out the post-its and begin to build the heart of the project. We also wrote a Business Plan which allowed Askeed to qualify in several competitions.
- Establish financial forecasts: It is extremely important to be able to quantify the probable income as well as possible, especially for an innovation project for ourselves or for potential investors. Geekworkers to gather multiple data from various sources and perform a predictable cash flow simulation based on multiple scenarios.
- Design a brand identity or Branding
- Mockup design & prototyping: Geekworkers specializes in UX design and application project prototyping. We therefore carried out the following steps:
- Figma decomposition of applications from Benchmarking
- UX modeling
- Prototype testing (UX study)
- DEV modeling of the application: Once the prototype is made, we can move on to development, but for this it is important to choose the right technology and correctly model the application. It's a bit like an architect, if you want the house to stand up, the plans have to be well designed.
- Developing the app: We have developed the application following agile methodologies that allow you to quickly deliver results and move forward incrementally. Thus, the risk of error is reduced since tests are carried out at each stage.
- Application debugging
- User testing and feedback
- Optimization & processing of returns
- Finally, deployment and switching to DEVOps mode
- Maintenance and incrementing
- At the same time, we designed a Marketing strategy for the launch
- creation of a landing page or landing page (Pre-Launch)
- Design of a social media strategy
- Google Ads Strategy
- Influencer marketing
- Display advertising in Lausanne
- Implement a B to B sales strategy to solicit beauty salons: Thanks to the use of the latest tools in terms of commercial prospecting, Geekworkers succeeded in acquiring more than 100 salons throughout French-speaking Switzerland before the launch of the application.
Geekworkers can really help you with every step of your project, so don't hesitate to make an appointment here